Building on the success of our inaugural competition in 2017 with focus on local Singapore groups to compete, this year’s battle was open to the international participants. It has also been expanded to include strategic partnerships with institutions and organisations from Japan and Thailand.
We Love Jazz Battle (WLJB) 2017
In our 2017 edition formerly known as We Love Jazz Battle (WLJB), the participating bands included CCA groups and mentorship programs.
Participating collectives :
– NUS Jazz Band
– Singapore Polytechnic
– ITE College Central
– LASALLE College of the Arts
– Raffles Institution
– JAZZ at the RED DOT
– Groove Works – The Jazz Workshop
– Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay‘s Mosaic Jazz Fellows
– Penang Jazz Society (Malaysia)
WLJP2017 Battle Winning Group : LASALLE College Of The Arts [Genevieve Seah (vocal), Darryl Khoo (guitar), Dickson Goh (piano), Arthur Adika Wiyono (bass) and Ting Wei Yap (drums)]
WLJP2017 Outstanding Musicians :
- Matthew Tan (piano / Singapore Polytechnic)
- Arthur Adika Wiyono (bass / LASALLE College Of The Arts)
2017 Adjudicating Panel :
- Mathilda D’Silva (vocalist, Mediacorp producer)
- Aya Sekine (pianist, composer, educator, director WLJ SG)
- Susan Hermer (Composer, pianist, educator)
- Sunny Rattana (jazz pianist, composer lecturer, Silpakorn University, Thailand)
All together, it is a celebration of all levels of learning and promotes positive competition amongst practitioners with one common goal of developing the jazz scene further.
Ready for Open Call? *Application closed for 2018*
To find out about the application guidelines, deadline, attractive prizes & more details from dedicated SIJB Open Call page!
SIJB2018 on Social Media :
- Live updates on SIJB2018 Open Call page on Facebook
- Official Facebook SIJB2018 Page (main event page)